What conditions can we help to prevent/treat?
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Stress Incontinence
- Painful Intercourse
- Fecal/Gas Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis (Abdominal Separation)
- Lack of strength or function
- During pregnancy
- Back, Pelvis, Tailbone, Neck, Shoulder pain and other Orthopaedic concerns
- During pregnancy
What is an internal pelvic health physiotherapy exam?
- An internal vaginal and/or rectal examination is used to assess the strength and function of your pelvic floor and pelvic organs, and position of your tailbone.
- The pelvic floor muscles run around the opening of the urethra, vagina (in women) and rectum.
- The gold standard for assessing the pelvic floor muscles is via an examination which is performed with one gloved finger inserted into the vaginal or rectal canal.
- Pelvic physiotherapists are trained in both internal and external evaluation and treatment techniques.
Who would benefit from Optimum’s Prenatal Workshops?
- Any woman experiencing a healthy low-risk pregnancy
- Women entering their second trimester and beyond
When in my pregnancy do I sign up for Optimum’s Prenatal Workshops?
- Our prenatal workshops are appropriate for any woman entering into her second trimester of pregnancy or beyond.
Do the prenatal workshops replace traditional prenatal education classes?
- Our workshops are designed to supplement traditional prenatal education classes, not to replace them.
- Our focus is:
- Readying your pelvic floor and core for labour and delivery
- Recovering and protecting your body after the birth of your baby
- Restoring your abdominals, pelvic floor, and functional strength, so that you can safely return to the activities and sports you love
When do our prenatal workshops run?
- Tuesdays 5:30-6:45 pm
Who would benefit from Optimum’s Postnatal Workshops?
- Any woman that has had a baby that is looking to learn more about recovering her pelvic floor and core or wanting to progress her activity safely.
When should I sign up for Optimum’s Postnatal Workshops?
- You may sign up for postnatal classes anytime after the birth of your baby with your doctor or midwife’s approval
- Typically this is at 6-8 weeks postpartum
When do our postnatal workshops run?
- Wednesdays 1:30-2:45 pm
Where are we located?
- Our Individual Physiotherapy Assessments and Treatments and Prenatal Workshops are located inside LivActiv at:
A201, 1600 – 90 Ave SW
- Our Postnatal Workshops are located at:
PBP Community Hall
2323 Palliser Dr SW